These teeny sandwiches are pure love and goodness, great for make-ahead, and adored by kids and adults! Layered ham, swiss cheese, and sweet Hawaiian rolls drizzled with spiced butter then baked to absolute perfection.
- 24 small sweet dinner rolls, such as Hawaiian rolls
- 12 deli slices swiss cheese, cut in half
- 1 pound sliced ham (pro tip, this is a great place to use leftover holiday ham!)
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt or kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated onion
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Separate the dinner rolls and slice each in half through the middle. Arrange the bottoms of the rolls on a sheet pan pressed very close together (like they were in the package).
- Place one half of one slice of Swiss, folded in half, on each roll. Top with a slice or two of ham until all of the swiss and ham is used. Place the bun tops back over the rolls and press the sandwiches together once more so there is no space between them. This can be done on two small or one large baking sheet.
- In the microwave, melt the butter for about 30 seconds. Stir in the seasoned salt, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, dehydrated onion, and Worcestershire.
- Brush or drizzle the butter mixture with all of the spices all over the tops of the sandwiches and in between so the butter runs into the sandwiches. Use all of the butter mixture. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake the sandwiches for 15 minutes covered, then remove the foil and bake for 5 minutes more.
- Serve immediately while the cheese is hot. Enjoy!
I make my own dry glazed ham for big family meals and use the leftovers in these sandwiches. It's a Honeybaked Ham copycat recipe and is SO good. Deli ham works perfectly in these sandwiches as well!
To make ahead, prepare the sandwiches right until the final baking step. Store covered in the fridge or freezer, then bake until hot all the way through when ready to serve.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Ham delights, ham delights, ham and swiss sliders, ham and swiss Hawaiian rolls, ham and swiss cheese sliders, ham delights poppy seeds