Perfect Easy Homemade Pancakes from scratch! Mark Bittman's Everyday Pancakes are foolproof, delicious, and a perfectly easy breakfast. Memorize this recipe - it's worth it!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons melted/cooled butter, salted if possible
- extra butter for cooking and serving
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Combine the egg mixture with the flour mixture gently until just moistened.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat with a pat or two of butter. When the skillet is hot, add the batter to the skillet to form pancakes - I use a 1/3 cup to make medium sized pancakes.
- When bubbles form on the top of the pancakes and they have browned on the bottom, flip and cook until browned on the second side. Repeat until all of the batter is used.
- Serve as desired, preferably with loads of butter and syrup.
How to make homemade pancake mix: Mix the dry ingredients in advance and store! When you want pancakes, add the melted butter, eggs, vanilla, and milk. I do this often for vacation prep - it's so easy to have pancakes with the dry ingredients already measured and mixed!