Vegetarian Oysters Rockefellar using oyster mushrooms with creamy, garlicky spinach and savory breadcrumbs. I mean, YUM.
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves, torn or roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- salt, as needed
- 1/2 pound oyster mushrooms, separated
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Separate the butter into 3 equal parts. Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter and combine it gently with the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. Set the mixture aside.
- In an ovenproof skillet (8-10 inches), heat 1 tablespoon of the butter with the garlic over medium heat. When the butter melts, cook the garlic for 1 minute, then add the spinach with a sprinkle of salt. Stir the spinach to wilt for 1-2 minutes, then stir in the parsley and remove the mixture to a plate to rest. Turn the heat off the skillet and add the last tablespoon of butter.
- When the butter melts and coats the bottom of the skillet, add the mushrooms in one even layer. Spoon the spinach mixture on top and sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the whole skillet.
- Bake at 400F for 10-15 minutes, until the mushrooms are wilted and the breadcrumbs have browned. Serve warm as a side dish or over bread as crostini.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Keywords: oyster mushrooms, oyster mushrooms rockefeller, oysters rockefeller, how to make oysters rockefeller vegetarian, vegetarian oysters rockefeller