Chocolate Chess Pie is a super easy, creamy old fashioned chocolate pie recipe that only has 7 ingredients and comes out perfectly every time.
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 5 heaping tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 5 ounce can evaporated milk
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk the sugar, cocoa powder, evaporated milk, butter, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Pour into the prepared pie crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the edges are set and the center of the pie is still slightly jiggly. Place the pie plate on a rack to cool slightly before serving.
- May be served hot, cold, or at room temperature. Enjoy!
Adapted from Handle the Heat.
Pie stores very well at room temperature for about 2 days, after that stick it in the fridge. It's delicious cold!
When you're shopping, take note to buy evaporated milk instead of sweetened condensed milk. They are not the same!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Christmas, pie, baking, chocolate chess pie, easy chess pie recipe evaporated milk, chess pie recipe with evaporated milk