...with only 7 ingredients! A few basic things, mix, bake, scoop into your open trap.
I've made this twice in the past 2 weeks, for different crowds, and both times it's been met with massive acclaim and very few leftovers, which is my main measure for success. It's a little sweet, a little spicy, a lot creamy, and the easiest of all the easy dips. I use frozen corn and jarred jalapenos, BUT I've also added a chopped fresh jalapeno on instances where I wanted more spice. So, feel free to upgrade your ingredients if that sounds fun to you!
Mainly, though, make this your plan for football this weekend. You owe it to yourself.
It's just frozen corn, diced pickled jalapenos, cream cheese, grated monterrey jack cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. I leave the corn frozen to keep the dip from drying out when it bakes, which only adds to the convenience factor here.
The hardest part is stirring everything together since the mixture is cold. Use your muscles! Press the cream cheese into the corn and other ingredients to blend it all together. It will feel weird mixing frozen corn but will be worth it, I promise.
When the ingredients are combined, press the mixture into a baking dish.
Then, bake uncovered at 375F for 30-40 minutes. This is the magic, folks. The corn melts and cooks and the liquid from the corn combines with the cheese and cream cheese to become fully indulgent. The whole thing becomes bubbly and the top browns slightly, and THAT'S how you know you're ready to live the dream. The corn dip dream, but still.
The key here is to let this rest for about 5 minutes, maybe a touch longer, once you take the dip out of the oven. This lets the cheeses solidify just a little bit so they'll be creamy but not runny and also not burn your tongue to bits, which is a terrible feeling.
I serve this with Fritos Scoops because there's something about a Frito, right? Love to hate them and secretly love them at the same time. But, any dipper you like works fine. The best part about this is that you can make a double batch, freeze half, and have one to throw in the oven for random parties all season long. The Pilgrims ate corn, right? So maybe Thanksgiving.
When I dip you dip we dip.
- 1 pound frozen corn kernels
- ¼ cup chopped pickled jalapenos
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups grated monterrey jack cheese
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- Fritos or other chips/crackers for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mashing the cream cheese into the corn. When the ingredients are combined, press the mixture into a pie plate or baking dish.
- Bake the dip uncovered for 30-40 minutes until bubbly and browned on top. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy! You can make this in advance and keep it covered in the freezer until you're ready to bake and serve.
- Serving Size: 8