Our favorite marinade for grilled chicken, a few meal prep ingredients, and we have a delicious grilled chicken salad ready for the week! Get. After. This.
Maple Marinated Chicken
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- kosher salt
Basic Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Grilled Chicken Salads
- 8 cups salad greens, any kind you like
- 1/2 cup EACH chopped veggies, your choice: cucumbers, carrots, celery, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- Chicken: whisk together the syrup, vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce. Add the chicken and marinate as long as you can, at least 20 minutes or up to 4 hours. Grill, broil, or pan-sear until cooked through. Allow to cool and slice.
- Dressing: Combine all ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake to combine. Taste and add a few pinches of salt if needed for extra flavor.
- Salad: Prep any salad ingredients you like. For me, I wash, dry, and chop lettuce, wash and chop veggies, crumble goat cheese, and toast the walnuts. I store each ingredient individually for meal prep.
- Meal Prep: I store each of the ingredients separately for meal prep then build salads for lunch when working from home. Or, assemble salads in containers and store in the fridge. Store dressing separately for either option.
- Assemble: Serve the sliced grilled chicken over greens and veggies. Sprinkle with goat cheese and walnuts. Drizzle with dressing, and serve!
I like to double down on the meal prep aspect of this and have these salads after we have grilled chicken for dinner. I double the recipe and then all I have to prep is the salad dressing and salad ingredients.
Buy pre-washed and chopped greens for even more time savings.
Feel free to use any salad ingredients you enjoy! I usually prep 2 veggies, one crumbly cheese, and some toasted nuts.
Any leftover chicken works great in these salads!
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 20
Keywords: Grilled Chicken Salad, grilled chicken salad dressing, grilled chicken salad marinade, salad with grilled chicken, how to make grilled chicken salad