- OMG. Is it just me or are the days feeling like weeks more than ever between new year busy-ness, pandemic stress, political news, and just everything in between? I thought was bad last year but it feels like this week has lasted a month.
- Will has figured out how to do the buckles on this toy which we refer to as Buckle Penguin and it is so cute. He can't unbuckle them yet so brings it to me over and over and over again to unbuckle, then he buckles them again and is so proud of himself. I took a video of it and put it at the very end of his Insta Highlight and it brings me great joy to hear his little giggle.
- I made a batch of baked tofu last weekend for meal prep, and Beck gobbled up nearly the entire batch in her lunches. I love it because nothing happens to tofu sitting in a lunchbox, and she felt proud because she told me she definitely wouldn't like it, tried it (thank you school peer pressure), and liked it. Big win!
- Last night I made Mike's creamy chicken pasta for the second time in 6 months and lemme tell you....this recipe is SO good. I follow it exactly BUT swapped mushrooms for the bacon/pancetta/guanciale to make it vegetarian, only because I didn't have any of the aforementioned pork products. Seriously, though, MAKE THIS.
- Happy...weekend? I feel like every day is the same, maybe worse than back when the pandemic started. BUT, I scored a free unopened gingerbread house kit so, yes, we are making that tonight on January 15. See "I don't know what day it is," or year, or month....have a great one!
Leave a Reply