An easy, delicious strawberry pie with no Jello, just a few simple ingredients. Use a storebought crust for a quick strawberry pie!
- 1 storebought pie crust
- 6 cups fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- pinch salt
- Cook the pie crust to package directions. Allow to cool while you make the filling.
- In a large bowl, toss the strawberries, cornstarch, sugar, and salt to coat evenly.
- Transfer the strawberry mixture to a large nonstick pan and turn the heat to medium. Allow the berries to heat through and release some liquid, stirring every minute or so.
- When the sugar/strawberry liquid/cornstarch combine and bubble, turn the heat off and let the mixture cool and thicken for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the strawberry mixture to the prepared pie crust and chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight until firm. Slice carefully and serve!
- Or, like, eat the whole thing yourself for safety's sake.
Make your own pie crust if you're into that sort of thing! Use an 8-inch pie plate, or add a cup or two more strawberries for larger pie dishes.
I quartered my berries, but you could halve yours or even leave them whole for a super pretty presentation.
Whipped cream, extra berries, and fresh mint on top are amazing here!
This is a lightly sweet pie. Add more sugar if you'd like, up to 1/3 cup more.
Keywords: strawberry pie with no jello, easy strawberry pie, mother's day dessert, fresh strawberry recipe