- FOR THE SAUCE
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, plus more for serving
- salt and pepper, to taste
- FOR THE FISH
- 4 filets (4-6 oz each) firm thick white fish such as halibut
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- pepper and lemon wedges, to serve
- For the sauce, combine the sour cream, mayo, cream, lemon zest, garlic, and dill in a small bowl. Taste, and add salt, pepper, and more dill as you’d like.
- Set the sauce aside while you prepare the fish.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Pat both sides of the fish dry with paper towels, and sprinkle both sides with salt. Place the fish on a broiler pan with rack, or on a baking rack set inside a baking sheet.
- Combine the melted butter, panko, and parmesan in a bowl with a fork. Add a big sprinkle of pepper and stir together.
- Divide the panko mixture evenly on top of fish and press lightly to form a crust on the top of each piece of fish.
- Bake the fish for 10-15 minutes (depending on how thick your fish is) until fish is cooked through and flaky and the crust has browned.
- Spoon some of the dill sauce over the fish to warm it, then top the whole mess with extra fresh dill.
- Serve the fish with extra dill sauce and lemon wedges.
- People will love you—promise.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 15
- Serving Size: 4