Delicious cake that is done start to finish in under 45 minutes, this banana cake is part banana bread, part cake, a million times delicious.
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups almond flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, optional but not really because happiness should not be optional
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a 9x13 cake pan, or line with parchment paper.
- Combine the sugar and bananas in a large bowl with a fork, mashing until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT for the chocolate chips to the bowl. Stir until totally combined. The batter will be a bit grainy from the flour.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and top with the chocolate chips. Bake for 30 minutes until just set in the center and golden at the edges.
- Let cool in the pan, or lift out after 10 minutes if you used parchment paper. Slice, serve, high five healthy choices.
Your therapist said this is fine for breakfast. It's made with almonds, for crying out loud.