- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons yellow curry powder
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic paste
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails off
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- lime wedges and cilantro leaves for serving
- Preheat a skillet to medium heat with the olive oil, tomato paste, curry powder, and chili garlic paste. Stir to combine for 2 minutes.
- When the spice mixture is fragrant, add the coconut milk and fish sauce and stir to combine. Let the curry simmer and bubble for 5-10 minutes until it has thickened and reduced by half.
- Add the shrimp in a single layer and let cook for 90 seconds. Add the cream to the skillet and stir just to combine, then turn the heat off. This should give the shrimp 2-3 minutes of cooking time, which is all they need.
- Taste the curry and add more salt or fish sauce to your preference.
- Serve as desired with lime wedges and cilantro.
Over rice or noodles
With bread or naan for dunking
Over shredded cabbage for a low-carb option
On small plates for an appetizer
On toasted baguette as crostini