Delicious yellow curry with coconut milk in 15 minutes! This version uses shrimp, but the sauce recipe is delicious with almost any protein you like.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons yellow curry powder
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic paste
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails off
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- lime wedges and cilantro leaves for serving
- Preheat a skillet to medium heat with the olive oil, tomato paste, curry powder, and chili garlic paste. Stir to combine for 2 minutes.
- When the spice mixture is fragrant, add the coconut milk and fish sauce and stir to combine. Let the curry simmer and bubble for 5-10 minutes until it has thickened and reduced by half.
- Add the shrimp in a single layer and let cook for 90 seconds. Add the cream to the skillet and stir just to combine, then turn the heat off. This should give the shrimp 2-3 minutes of cooking time, which is all they need.
- Taste the curry and add more salt or fish sauce to your preference.
- Serve as desired with lime wedges and cilantro.
- Over rice or noodles
- With bread or naan for dunking
- Over shredded cabbage for a low-carb option
- On small plates for an appetizer
- On toasted baguette as crostini
Make-Ahead: For an even quicker dinner, you can make the curry base in advance and stop right before adding the shrimp. To finish, turn the curry to medium and add the shrimp and heavy cream, stirring just until cooked.
Variations: I love this with shrimp, but this would be wonderful with cubed tofu stirred in right at the end, veggies quickly simmered in the sauce, or leftover shredded chicken added after the sauce is made.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: Curry shrimp, curry cream sauce, shrimp curry, shrimp curry recipe,