- Summeriest dinner ever: marinated grilled chicken, skillet corn and tomatoes (that can also be made in a cast iron skillet on the grill!), and chili lime watermelon. Give me that combo every day for the next 3 months.
- Juneteenth! As a federal holiday! HIGH TIME.
- Since it's also Pride, just a reminder that if anyone asks you to use different names or pronouns for them, it is the literal least you can do. It is also a huge predictor of attempted suicide; children with families that refuse to use their pronouns. So. Taking your personal beliefs out of the equation, because people attempting suicide is more important than LITERALLY anything else, use people's pronouns and names correctly. Correct yourself if you forget, and apologize. Every. Single. Time.
- Made this chocolate cake this week for a family birthday celebration, and it is the actual best chocolate cake recipe ever. I make it a few times a year for special occasions, and it comes out perfectly every time.
- Happy weekend! Jay is on a trip with his sisters, aka gave himself the best father's day gift every, so the kids and I are laying low and enjoying some friend time, pool time, and alone time. We're getting the remnants of a tropical storm all day Sunday, aka RAYA on repeat. We love it. Have a great one!
Leave a Reply