The best recipe for blondie brownies! These are BROWN BUTTER BLONDIES, yep, and come together really simply for a knockout potluck dessert. These keep really well in the freezer, too!
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla (not a typo)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips or chunks
- Brown the butter. Place the butter in a skillet over medium heat. The butter will melt, then foam, then start to brown on the bottom. This process will take about 10 minutes. Once the butter foams, stir nearly continuously to allow the butter to brown but not burn. When most of the foam is gone and the milk solids are very brown on the bottom of the skillet, turn the heat off, transfer the browned butter to a large bowl, and let cool for 10-15 minutes until warm but not hot.
- When ready to proceed, preheat the oven the 350F and line a square baking pan (8x8 or 9x9) with parchment paper or cooking spray.
- Returning to the cooled brown butter, add the brown sugar, vanilla, and eggs to the bowl. Stir well to incorporate the sugar and eggs with the butter.
- Add the flour and salt and stir until very smooth. The batter will be caramel colored and should be glossy. Stir in the chocolate chips and transfer to the baking dish.
- Bake the blondies for 25-30 minutes until the edges start to pull away from the edges and the center is barely set. We are going for GOOEY, here.
- Remove from the oven and let the blondies cool completely in the pan. Cut into small squares, serve, congratulate yourself, decide whether or not you feel like sharing. Enjoy!
You can brown the butter slightly longer in advance and let it cool completely for a more “chocolate chips inside a blondie” effect. Making the batter while the butter is still warm melts some of the chocolate chips, resulting in a swirled effect, which I love. Both methods are delicious!
I use salted butter when making this recipe. If you have unsalted butter, add a few more pinches of salt to the batter. It’s needed to balance the sweetness of the sugar and chocolate chips.
Want to make these for a slightly healthy Thanksgiving dessert? Brown Butter Pumpkin Blondies are your answer!
Recipe from Food52.
Keywords: brown butter blondies, brown butter blondies recipe, easy recipe for blondies, easy blondies brownie recipes, easy blondies brownies