- First full week of school in the books! Beck is in the Butterfly class, so was gifted by my sister with some very fancy small-shop Butterfly art supplies. She has been allowed to have art stuff on our regular dinner table because Will can't reach that high, and it has been a very empowering experience for her. "No no, Willy, you are not allowed up here because you mess everything up..." says the 4 year old.
- Re: Nancy Pelosi getting a haircut this week. I honestly couldn't be bothered to read a lot of ~news~ about that because that should not be news, but my first thought was "women are damned no matter what. look old? not ok. get a hair cut? not ok. be natural? definitely not ok." Safety of going out in public notwithstanding, It's just HARD to have so many expectations that men do not have.
- For your long weekend, do we make a boat load of hashbrown casserole and eat it with every meal? I say yes, but you do you.
- IF the Internet Gods smile down on me, this will be the last Five for Friday on FunnyLoveBlog! 99% of things will remain the same, but the website will, in theory, look a little different next week. I hope you love it! The entire site was hacked and nearly died earlier this week, first time in 9 years, so I'm saying all of this very hesitantly.
- BESIDES THAT, we'll be photographing Thanksgiving this weekend! This year it's all small-batch, very few ingredients, and NO TURKEY. Because pandemic Thanksgiving should necessarily be different, I think. Tell me, tell me: do you have Thanksgiving plans? Anything you'd love to learn to cook this year for the big day? Tell me!
Previous Post: « Brown Butter Blondies