- First day of school was this week! MAN, what an emotional roller coaster. We decided to send Beck back to in-person school three days a week. The school is doing a lot to limit exposure and keep people safe, and also there is nothing to be done to limit exposure and keep people safe in schools. Beck was thrilled out of her minds, we were thrilled out of our minds for her, and have zero clue if it was the right decision or not because there is no such thing as a right decision. Makes sense, right? What'd you do about school this year?
- After having some success getting the home warranty company to replace our dead fridge and dishwasher recently, my mom casually said "haha, what will die next?" and literally 3 days later the microwave died BUT IN DRAMATIC FASHION, taking out an entire wall of power with it as it went. So I'm writing a book on how to get home warranty companies to replace every kitchen appliance in a calendar year, is what I'm saying. Also this is my mother's fault.
- Grain bowls have become part of our Sunday meal prep; I cut up all of the veggies and make whatever sauce I'm using for them, then on the night of I just have to roast veggies and cook a grain, then throw whatever raw stuff I have on top. This is my favorite grain bowl of all time!
- 17 Small Changes To Make To Improve Your Mental Health. I recommend literally any of these that are feasible for you all the time. Seriously.
- Happy Weekend! Beck has conned us into staying up late to watch The Wizard of Oz, which she's never seen but has memorized the story by Jay's retelling. She has a LOT of questions, none of which I have age-appropriate answers to. Should be fine. Have a great one!
Leave a Reply