Super easy sweet carrots that go perfectly as a side dish to your favorite homemade hibachi dinner!
- 1/2 pounds carrots, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place the carrots in a small pot with 1 cup of water (approximately), enough water to cover the carrots by about half. Add the sugar and salt to the water.
- Bring the carrots to a boil and let boil uncovered for 5-7 minutes, testing after 5 minutes, until tender.
- Drain any remaining water and return the carrots to the hot pot. Add the butter and swirl to coat and melt.
- Serve as a small side dish to your favorite dinner. enjoy!
Use any kind of carrots you like! Whole baby carrots work great, or larger chunks of big carrots. If you use larger carrots than bite-sized, you may have to boil them for a few minutes longer to cook them all the way through.
I use salted butter for this dish. If you use unsalted butter, add a pinch of salt when you swirl the butter into the carrots.
This makes 4 small servings as these sweet carrots are commonly found as a second side dish with hibachi vegetables. Feel free to double or triple the recipe if this is your primary side dish! Or, like, if you just love carrots.
Keywords: Japanese sweet carrots, sweet carrots, sweet carrots recipe, sweet glazed carrots