- 12 ounces short cut pasta, cooked to 2 minutes under al dente and drained
- 2 bulbs garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups half and half or milk
- 1/2 teaspoon hot paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded sharp white cheddar
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, cubed
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- Wrap the garlic whole in foil and roast at 425F for 45 minutes until very soft. Remove from the foil to let cool while you make the sauce.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, add the butter and flour. When the butter melts, whisk the mixture together to form a paste, then pour in the half and half, whisking as you go. Add the melted cheddar and stir in to form a cheese sauce.
- Cut the garlic in half crosswise and squish in the roasted cloves. Add the pasta, blue cheese, and mozzarella as well. Gently stir the mac together, and taste: add salt and pepper to your preference.
- Turn the mac and cheese into a baking dish broil for 5 minutes until golden, or bake for 45 minutes until hot and bubbly if you've made the mac and cheese in advance.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 75
- Serving Size: 6