- 2 cups prepared marinara sauce
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound ground white meat chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces grated fontina or mozzarella cheese
- 3 sliced bell peppers, any color you like
- fresh parsley, optional, for serving
- In advance, warm or prepare marinara for this dish.
- Preheat an ovenproof skillet to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. When the skillet is hot, add the chicken and butter. Cook the chicken for about 5 minutes, crumbling it with a spoon as you go. When the chicken is cooked through, add the salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and parmesan. Stir to coat and cook for about 2 minutes more, then turn off the skillet. Sprinkle the mixture with the grated cheese.
- Meanwhile, preheat a second skillet to medium-high heat with some olive oil and preheat the broiler to high.
- When the chicken is nearly done cooking, saute the peppers in the second skillet for 3-5 minutes with a sprinkle of salt until soft and slightly browned but not mushy, stirring as you go.
- Broil the chicken mixture for about a minute to melt and brown the cheese slightly.
- Serve the chicken with the marinara and peppers. Top with fresh parsley and extra parmesan if you'd like. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes