- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 yellow squash, cut into matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 2 large round pitas, halved
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, mix the lamb with the cumin, cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Form into 8 small patties and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the squash, vinegar, oil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir, and let sit to marinate while you cook the lamb.
- Preheat a skillet to medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil. When the skillet is very hot, add the lamb patties (do this in two batches if you need to) and let them cook without touching for 3 minutes, then flip. Cook another 3-4 minutes until well browned on both sides.
- When the lamb is cooked, drain the squash through a strainer. Assemble the pitas with the lettuce, two lamb patties each, some of the squash, and crumbled feta. Eat immediately. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Serving Size: 4