- I don't exactly know who I need to thank for this, but the fact that we have normalized little kids wearing long sleeved bathing suits is just really good for body exposure, de-gendering kids (slowly but surely...), skin health, fights over sunscreen application....just really lots of stuff.
- On Monday Will cried for 45 minutes at summer camp because he neglected to eat breakfast and was literally hangry. He had a snack and was fine, but just a casual reminder that Breakfast Is Important. For all ages. Will is partial to bacon, which is why he declined the oatmeal he was offered. The amount my eyes rolled at this entire thing was just...a lot of eye rolling. Sorry kid, we don't usually have Monday morning bacon as we are racing out the door.
- We've started planning live shows for a part time music job I have for 2022, and I'm just SO hopeful that more vaccines get in arms and we can keep wearing masks when needed so we can Do Regular Things from here on out. It feels almost too hopeful to be planning for a regular season, but I'm excited to be traveling again!
- From my 4th of July Foods list, I'm thinking buttermilk fried chicken because WHY NOT, you know? If you start it tonight it'll be ready for tomorrow or Sunday!! I'm also making a big batch of vegan pasta salad to have for the weekend and leftovers for lunch next week.
- Happy long weekend! We are doing some "get ready to have a very busy summery July" house stuff, some cooking out, some food photography for you, and ideally some TV watching and laying around. I just started Black Buck and so far it is VERY good and highly recommend to anyone looking for a weekend read. Have a great one!
Leave a Reply