five for friday
- Three years ago I made this super easy curry shrimp (and still do alllll the time), and just WOWOW. I wasn't even pregnant with Will yet. It was an entire human ago. But, memory lane aside, it's a really delicious recipe and you should absolutely make it.
- I'm reading (going to finish this weekend hopefully!) Nine Perfect Strangers right now and omgomgomg it is so good. I love everything Liane Moriarty does, but this is better to me than Big Little Lies. HIGHLY recommend. I am so into it in that "please literally anything get cancelled" want to devour every word kind of way.
- SPEAKING OF. I've had a few clients cancel this week because they just couldn't do the work of therapy, and you know what? We love that. Therapy is hard work, and if you don't have it in you to show up every once in awhile it is completely fine. Taking a mental health day from mental health is totally a thing.
- SPEAKING OF 2.0. I have an idea for a series, kind of Q&A with a therapist about how counseling works, considerations we have, maybe even down to the finances/insurance/licenses. Would that be interesting to you? I've gotten a lot of questions about the process recently and am thinking the whole thing is way more mysterious than it should be if you've never been to a counselor or therapist.
- Happy weekend! It's finally not raining or snowing, so we are going to attempt to plant a winter garden and get some fresh air in our lungs. I know lots of you in Texas and other parts of the country are in.for.it. for the next little bit and I'm so, so sorry. Stay warm.