- In VERY important news, I have changed my olive oil cooking game this week. I almost exclusively use olive oil, including in baking, mainly because I don't ever remember to buy other kinds. It's fine. But! For years I used this cruet which I liked OK but the stream of oil was often a bit much, it was somewhat drippy, etc. So, wanting to pretend like I work in a restaurant, I saved a squeezy bottle from...well, a restaurant, and now use it for cooking. It's WAY easier to control than the bottle I had, highly recommend all around. They're super cheap to buy online, but if you ever get one in takeout or a family meal kit, now you know what to do with it! I realize that you probably didn't wake up this morning thinking "if only I had better control over my olive oil everything would be fine," but here we are.
- Between Parler and not conceding and this news cycle continuing, let me just say that memes about allll types of snowflakes are giving me a little bit of life.
- OMG Asian Beef and Noodles. Dishes like this are some of my all time favorites.
- Jay and I ordered lunch from our favorite Thai place yesterday which yielded me yelling about how I never make Larb Lettuce Wraps anymore, which is literally no one's fault by my own. But! I'm going to make them for meal prep next week - the flavors in the dressing are so perfectly zingy to wake us up mid-work day. Make them if you haven't yet!
- Weekend! Finally. Yay. We are attempting some house stuff to get ready for the holidays, maybe some decorating(!!) doing some fall weeding and trimming, garage organizing, etc. And let's not for get IT'S THE MASTERS aka kids yelling about how Daddy is hogging the TV and make making a double batch of pimento cheese. It's cool, no one has to work. Have a great one!
Leave a Reply