- 1 pound ground chicken
- 4 shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 6 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 2 bell peppers (any color you like), sliced
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary (or 1 teaspoon dried), chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 15 ounces canned whole tomatoes and their juices, crushed with your hands
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- salt, to taste
- bread, pasta, or rice, for serving
- Preheat a large skillet to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Add the chicken and cook, breaking up with a spoon as you go, for about 5 minutes until the chicken is brown and cooked through.
- Add the mushrooms and stir for 3 minutes to brown and soften.
- Add the peppers and onions and stir for 3 minutes to soften.
- Add the garlic and rosemary and stir for 1 minute, then pour the wine into the skillet. Let the wine bubble and reduce by about half, then add the tomato sauce, whole tomatoes, stock, and capers. Turn the heat down to medium-low. Simmer the sauce for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the veggies are soft but not mushy and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- If the sauce thickens or seems dry, add small splashes of water or stock to loosen it. Before serving, taste the sauce and add more salt to your preference.
- Serve as desired. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes