Ultra kid-friendly, totally delicious, 15 minute pink pasta sauce. It's perfect as is, but you can add protein or veggies to bulk it up a little bit!
- 1 can (14-15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 1 pound short pasta
- toppings (see note)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil with salt for the pasta. Add the pasta and cook to al dente per the package directions. Right before draining, reserve a cup of the cooking liquid for the sauce.
- In a separate large skillet, combine the cream and tomato sauce with 1/2 teaspoon salt over medium heat. Let the sauce simmer for just a minute or two while the pasta cooks.
- Taste the sauce and add more salt and pepper to your preference.
- Toss the pink pasta sauce with all of the pasta, adding in splashes of cooking liquid until the sauce coats all of the pasta.
- Top with anything you'd like or enjoy plain. Enjoy!
Be sure to use tomato paste instead of another type of canned tomato, the sauce is really flavorful here from the spices in the sauce.
This pasta will keep in the fridge for about 3 days as meal prep or leftovers.
Check out the list above for options of ingredients to add to this pasta dish. I make it a little differently each time!
A note on flavor: certain canned tomato sauces can be pretty mild or even bland. If you taste your pasta and think "it's fine, but not great," you need more things to flavor your sauce. Salt and pepper, maybe more than you think, are usually the move here.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: pink pasta sauce, easy pasta recipes, 30 minute meals, kid friendly pasta recipes