- We went to the beach last week! On VACATION. Or, as The Onion puts it, Mom Spends Beach Vacation Assuming All Household Duties In Close Proximity To Ocean. I am definitely at the kid age where I feel like only about 6% changes when on vacation, but I took a walk or run alone every.single.day and it was glorious. Give me all the humidity and sweat. This year's beach trip was different because we literally did nothing and only half of our people were there because of coronavirus, but honestly a trip without "we need to go see the things and eat the foods!" was liberating in a different way.
- But! You might have noticed that last week there was no Five for Friday. Whatchoo think about that? I'm considering retiring the series barring any comments literally after this post that say NO IT'S WHAT I LOOK FORWARD TO. Thinking about a different weekly series? More therapy focused? Humorous kid stuff? Am I humorous? Please legit comment and let me know I'm not alone. If you hate this series I'm cool letting it go, or not.
- Speaking of. THE NEW BLOG NAME AND LOOK AND EVERYTHING are in the works! They'll be ready sometime between right now and 2022. I like to give big windows for failure. The entire site might crash when I do the migration and I'll run screaming and completely abolish all technology (ha, no, never). I am emotionally, functionally, financially, and cerebrally not ready for this.
- You know when people are all "you're a serial killer if you don't like avocado" or something similar that is allowed to have varying opinions? I feel that way but about people that put knives in dishwashers. Do.Not.Do.It.Ever. Even with cheap knives (not butter knives obviously). It ruins them. But feel however you want about avocado.
- Last night when I was cleaning I emptied one of Will's pocket bibs of dinner nastiness and a literal beer bottle lid fell out, so that's where we are on that. Have a great weekend! Do nothing! Wear a mask! Do not be satisfied with a flattened super high curve! Kamala!
I love Five for Fridays and look forward to it (or at least missed it when it didn’t happen last week). The lightheartedness of its contrasts just about everything else on the internet, and I need that.
Thanks girl! I agree with needing MORE LIGHT EVERYWHERE, just want to be sure others like it as well!
Lindsay, I love your blog and look forward to your Friday post; however, if it no longer gives you joy to write it, by all means, change it and I’ll read it, too. Love your family and keeping up with you.
Thanks, Linda! That's so kind of you to say!
I look forward to 5 for Friday for its consistency, as a snarky, honest distraction from work that makes me laugh. Which it usually does. But the topic isn't really that important to me, so if you want a theme I would say go for it.
Thank you for saying that!