- We did our final sweep of our old house this week, and it was definitely one of those "it looks smaller without all of our stuff" moments, a la friends finale c. 2004. So. Many. Memories, and life events, and tears, and laughter. I think we made the right move, but we loved that house so much.
- Have you made Chocolate Chess Pie yet this year? It's so quick and easy; I bought pie crusts today to make two next week! Also, here are 10 dishes that would make the PERFECT holiday meal! Like...to eat on all day, but that's never an issue for us.
- Fussy Will the other day: wiggled some of his poop out of his diaper, smeared it all over the OUTSIDE of said diaper, whined on the floor until I picked him up, hand in poop, poop all over carpet. It was sweet potatoes. All sweet potatoes. What a gift, motherhood is.
- We experienced our first preschool Christmas pageant this morning, speaking of a gift. Lots of regular nursery rhymes with Christmas lyrics, and a few "regular" Christmas songs? It was...a pageant, and Beck loved it, so that's cool.
- The last Friday before Christmas! It's feeling like a different kind of holiday for us this year, and I'm trying to quietly accept it for what it is rather than force normalcy on anything. There's no such thing as normal, anyway, so rolling with it seems to be the most logical option. I hope you're having a beautiful December, no matter what this season of life looks like for you.
Leave a Reply