Super quick kale salad with tons of flavor, extra parm, and just a few other ingredients. Perfect as the base for a protein for dinner or on its own as a light lunch!
- 2 bunches lacinato kale
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan shreds
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Remove the stems from the kale and tear into large bite-sized pieces.
- Add the kale to a large bowl and drizzle with the olive oil. Use your hands to mash the oil into the kale, squishing fistfuls of the kale to soften it slightly.
- Let the kale sit for about 10 minutes, then add the lemon juice, grated parm, and salt. Stir to combine and taste - adjust the seasonings any way you'd like.
- Right before serving, stir in the large parmesan shreds and the halved cherry tomatoes.
The grated parmesan gives this an important texture, but you can skip the shreds if you don't feel like dragging out multiple types of parm!
Most important thing: this should taste GREAT. Strongly salty and lemony and cheesy. Add more of each ingredient until it does!
- Prep Time: 20
Keywords: kale, salad, vegetarian, kale salad