- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 ear corn, kernels removed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- vanilla ice cream or gelato, for serving
- mint leaves, for serving
- In a small skillet, add the pine nuts over medium heat. Toast for 3 minutes until lightly golden, then remove to a plate.
- In the same skillet, add the butter and corn. Stir, and let cook for 3 minutes until corn is slightly dark.
- Add the maple syrup and cook for 2 minutes more - the syrup and butter should bubble together.
- Add the pine nuts to the sauce at the end and let heat through.
- Serve the sauce hot or at room temperature over ice cream with mint leaves.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Serving Size: 4