You know how some people are all healthy and stuff?
I'm not one of those people.
Sure, I happen to love working out and not being fat and vegetables, but what I REALLY love is fried food, mayonnaise-based sauces, and nutella. The other stuff is just a fluke.
Anyways, since I cook for lots of different people and have some health-conscious people in my life, I try to find ways to make formerly unhealthy foods a bit better for us. It offsets the mayo.
This dressing uses olive oil and just a hint of mayo instead of lots of mayo and egg yolks - good fat with tons of flavor so you don't need too much of it. Sweet!
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 large or 2 small cloves finely minced garlic
- black pepper
- juice of one lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 dashes Worchestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (the jarred stuff is great here!)
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise (leave it out if you want or substitute cream - I won't know!)
- ¼ cup olive oil
Leave a Reply