- First, you guys have been really really nice these past few days. Obviously I didn't think anyone would say "YOU WANT TO BE A PARENT?!!?," but still. Thank you.
- The above picture was taken at our very first baby doctor appointment, and it shows next to nothing because the kid was all the way LITERALLY up my butt and wouldn't come out of hiding. So, this is an image of us posing next to a machine displaying an empty part of my uterus and bladder. The next week we had to pay an extra $200 to get a real picture of the little leech. I'm guessing anyone with kids is just rolling their eyes and saying "yeah, get ready, they kind of always cost more than you think they will." Noted.
- Incidentally, the above picture wasn't taken at a Doctor's office at all. Rather, a midwifery practice where we're getting all of our care. Except for ultrasounds when the kid won't show it's face, and unless anything goes wrong, we're non-doctor and likely non-hospital. We'll talk about it, but so far we're obsessed with the midwives.
- I'm going to tell you pregnancy details. The good, bad, and ugly. I find myself really nosily interested in other people's personal lives, and think you might be too? BUT, if you're only here for the food, shout it out in the comments! I want to know what you want to read.
- Some stats: We found out April 19, the day we got back from New York. Due date is December 15, and of course I'm hoping it comes early, which means it'll come late. Jay calls it Tallulah and is legitimately campaigning for that to be a name in consideration, should this turn out to be a girl. The Chinese gender predictor says this will be a girl, I kind of feel boy. We'd be thrilled with either, REALLY. Currently 13.5 weeks, give or take. Pounds gained so far: 3.
girl, I can't wait till we get to the part about mucous plugs. mucous plugs are my favorite.
*'til like "until" not "till" like a cash register. just to clarify in case you thought we were somehow discussing the monetary value of your below bits.
I have a post already written with the term vaginal mucous in it. ARE YOU KIDDING ME, body? It's fun. 🙂 I aim for shock value.
so you found out right before NACC!
Yep! And also had a raging sinus infection that I couldn't medicate!
Yay, midwives! We had an awesome experience with our second (after a not-so-great hospital birth with our first). You will not be disappointed! Looking forward to all the baby news in addition to the good eats.
Yes, love the midwives! INCREDIBLE third pregnancy/birth with them compared to an also not-so-great first in the hospital. The ladies seriously rock - you are in good hands.
I know! We love them so far, so I'm really hopeful for the rest of the process. Stay tuned!