- I wish I could report more on the fall weather we had for one day last week, but it's high 80s for sevvveral more days so I'm like...let's just go back to the beach. This particular beach is where we took the Mothering In This Pandemic pictures, and make no mistake that we were there for 20 minutes, walked 10 feet, and Beck had to have like 9 snacks to get her through.
- Nashville hot chicken = the new buffalo? I'd be fine with that.
- Speaking of Buffalo! I know there isn't a ton of football going on, but this cold buffalo chicken salad dip is so, so good and perfect for "hot-but-fall-activities" that you may be participating in, even from your own couch.
- I was watching some YouTube house tours, as one does, and heard two Black people refer to their bedrooms as "primary bedroom," and was internally like "oh cute how chic" and then five seconds later more like "OH DEAR LORD RACIST LINDSAY HOW ARE YOU JUST NOW GETTING THIS." I don't often get things like this quickly or often, but I think training our minds to always be looking for our internalized, accidental, or overt racism is super important.
- Got any fun weekend plans? We are supposed to have a 6 hour staff retreat outdoors in the rain tomorrow aka might get cancelled aka a freeeee day! Thinking we should go somewhere outdoorsy and buy some mums. Have a fabulous weekend!
Previous Post: « Mothering in This Pandemic (still)