See quantity note below
- 6 medium-beets (any color you like), cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 parsnips, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 10-12 pieces bone-in, skin-on chicken, any cut you like
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 1 stick butter, melted
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- 1. Prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set out 2 metal cooling racks approximately the same size as the baking sheets. Preheat the oven to 400F.
- 2. Evenly divide the vegetables among the baking sheets in a single layer. Drizzle each pan of veggies with ¼ of the butter (half stick total), and sprinkle the vegetables with salt and pepper.
- 3. Place a wire cooling rack in each pan over the veggies. On each rack, place 6 pieces of chicken. Using your fingers, gently separate the chicken skin from the meat, and stuff lemon slices under the skin of each piece of chicken.
- 4. Wash your hands, then sprinkle the chicken all over with salt. Drizzle the rest of the butter evenly over the chicken pieces.
- 5. Place both pans of chicken and vegetables in the oven at 400F for 40 minutes, rotating the pans (if one is on a higher rack than the other) halfway through to ensure even cooking.
- 6. Serve one pan of chicken and veggies topped with fresh parsley. Reserve the other for the second recipe.
- Note: This is a 2-part recipe and HALF of this recipe will serve 4 people; the other half is used to make a second recipe (next post). If you'd like to only eat this once simply halve the quantities above.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Serving Size: 4