- 12 ounces rigatoni
- 1 bound Italian sausage, bulk, or casings removed
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and thinly sliced
- 15 ounces (1 can) fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- salt, crushed red pepper, and parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta to al dente according to the package directions. Before draining, reserve 1 cup of the cooking water. Drain the pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce. In a large skillet, brown the sausage for 7-10 minutes until it is cooked through, crumbling it with a spoon as you go. When the sausage is cooked, add the kale and the garlic to the skillet. Stir for 2 minutes to soften the kale, then add the tomatoes, pasta, and cream. Stir to combine and bring to a gentle simmer. Splash in a bit of the cooking water from the pasta (maybe 1/4 cup at a time), and sprinkle the dish with salt.
- Let the pasta simmer for about 5 minutes more, then taste and add salt or crushed red pepper to your taste.
- Serve with parmesan cheese for sprinkling. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes