You guys, hi. What a weekend! I cooked all day Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and WHOA. Why can't this be my life? Can you guys send me more catering jobs? I'll totes travel to where you live.
Help me do that please.
One of my most favorite things about writing this blog is the people that I hear from and learn about - mainly about food habits. I LOVE getting requests for recipes, types of ingredients, etc. One of my friends from high school in Japan in the dark ages reached out to me with a gluten free request - she modifies a lot of recipes herself but sometimes it's just....not the same. I get it.
I'm not a big fan of fake foods - foods pretending to be things that they aren't. Black bean burgers are fine, but fake meat is weird, for example. So, instead of offering fakeouts, here are some idea for actual gluten free appetizers and snacks that are delicious without modification!
- Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Mushrooms. I love these, the Huffington Post loved these, and they're just SO good. Note that with the cheeses, check labels for fillers that might contain gluten.
- Parmesan Crisps. You make them from just cheese! I love this blog, and there are lots of low-carb recipes that are also gluten free. Score!
- Bacon Jalapeno Cream Cheese Bites. Check the cream cheese label, but you should be good here, right? This is one of my favorite apps ever. As a note, often low or no-fat products have added gluten, so check that. Eat real stuff, y'all.
- BLT Skewers, or Caprese Skewers. Huge party hit, and YUM!
- Kale Chips. Delicious. Easy. Healthy.
- Prosciutto Figs. LOVE these too. Maybe this is the prescription for gluten free? Take produce. Stuff with cheese. Wrap with pork.
So there's some ideas - whatcha think? Share any gluten free tips or snack ideas below - we gotta help each other out!
Side note. I don't eat gluten free, so if I made any errors here will you let me know in the comments? I want to learn.
Shared with Weekend Potluck!