FOR THE SALAD
- 8 cups dark salad greens such as arugula or spinach
- 1 granny smith apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 onion, thinly sliced
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt, to taste
- For the salad, toss all ingredients together and drizzle with the dressing.
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients in a small food processor or blender until smooth. Taste, and add salt to your preference, and more honey or lemon juice to your taste. If the dressing seems thick, add water 1 teaspoon at a time to achieve desired consistency.
- Serving Size: 4