Happy Fake Holiday Week!
I know, I KNOW. It's so cliche and makes no sense and definitely has no bearing on your actual happiness in the world BUT also sometimes it's nice to make fun meals, you know? I usually make a fun kind of meal each year for Valentine's Day, but this year I went straight chocolate because why not, right? But, there are tons of fun, great ideas for a meal on Wednesday night (or whenever you celebrate), and I'm all about any kind of day that allows me to make an indulgent meal just because.
A look at Valentine's Days past!
- 2018: Chocolate Mousse
- 2017: Duck Breast, Mashed Potatoes, and Duck Fat Brussels Sprouts
- 2016: Whole Roasted Mackerel AND Steakhouse Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 2015: Homemade Pasta with Fresh Tomato Sauce (no pasta roller necessary!)
- 2014: Seared Scallops
- 2013: Cornish Game Hens (lovebirds!)
2013 and before were kind of sad photography times for this website, so let's just leave it at that.
And, for a few more fun ideas:
- Spaghetti with tomato cream sauce and spinach.
- Homemade garlic + herb butter - for bread, for steak, to toss pasta in....
- Roasted cauliflower soup with gruyere OMG can't even with this one.
- Skillet strip steak goes with everything.
- Herbed Shrimp Butter Bowls - BUTTER BOWLS
So tell me tell me! What are some other fancy-ish things that would be fun to make? Reading recipes is my favorite thing ever. Enjoy!