- 2 links Mexican (uncooked) chorizo, casings removed
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 potato, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 4 eggs, cooked to your preference, for serving
- grated manchego cheese, sliced green onions, and hot sauce, optional, for serving
- Add the chorizo to a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chorizo for about 10 minutes, breaking it up as you go, until browned and crumbly. Add the veggies and spices with a sprinkle of salt to the skillet.
- Stir the veggies into the chorizo and press the hash into a single layer. Let it sit for 3 minutes, then stir and repeat the process for about 20 minutes until the hash is cooked through and browned all over.
- Taste the hash and add salt to your preference. Add the capers and cook for one minute more.
- Serve topped with one egg and any toppings you like. Enjoy!
Sub any kind of sausage you like if you can't find chorizo!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes