Favorite ingredients (pasta, chicken, cream, hello) in a slow cooker for a few hours = dinner! This is the best ever tortellini soup and it's made with very little effort from you, thank goodness.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 28 ounces canned tomatoes (diced or whole work great, or crushed for a saucier situation)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cup chicken stock, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2.5 ounces fresh spinach (about half a box)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 10 ounces fresh or frozen cheese tortellini
- Add the chicken tomatoes, onion, garlic, salt, and 1/2 cup stock to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 6 hours.
- Combine the remaining 1/2 cup stock with the cornstarch in a small dish. Gently shred the chicken to bite-sized pieces using 2 forks.
- Add the stock and cornstarch mixture, the cream, the tortellini, spinach, and parmesan to the slow cooker. Stir to combine and cook for 15-30 minutes more until the tortellini is tender. Maybe slightly longer for frozen tortellini.
- Taste, and add more salt or parmesan cheese to your preference. Turn the slow cooker to warm until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Use any kind of boneless, skinless chicken you like! Any size, type, etc works fine. Same with tomatoes. Same with greens. Same with stock. Same with tortellini flavor. Follow the measurements fairly closely but the ingredients can be swapped out based on your preference.
For a vegetarian version, swap the chicken for 1 can of drained beans of your choice, or skip the chicken altogether.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 4 hours
Keywords: Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup, crock pot tortellini soup, Tortellini Chicken Soup (more), tortellini soup recipe, tortellini with chicken, tortellini recipes with chicken