- 4 slices thick cut white bread
- 2 slices american cheese
- 2 ounces mozzarella, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 4 thin slices tomato
- Preheat a grill to medium heat. Smear both sides of all 4 pieces of bread with a thin layer of mayo.
- Grill the bread on the first side for 3-5 minutes until grill marks form. Flip, and add a layer of american cheese, then tomato, salt and pepper, and mozzarella on the toasted sides of two of the pieces of bread.
- Top the mozzarella with the other two pieces of bread. Flip the sandwiches one or two more times to melt the cheese, then let rest off the grill for a minute or two before serving.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Serving Size: 2