Don't even tell me that you don't still have leftovers. I mean, if you don't fine. But I think you do, so don't lie.
We actually have very few - we had 3 celebrations and somehow ended up with no extra food? We don't exaaaactly need it, but still. Sigh. Everyone hates us. We do have an epic amount of this mac and cheese, made without chicken, but we aren't terribly upset about that!
If you're lucky enough to have leftovers, though, here's what I vote you do:
- Turkey. Duh. My fav sandwich goes like this: Bread toasted with a little butter on both sides. Mayo. Lettuce. Turkey. Salt. Pepper. That's it, and I'm currently angry that I don't get to eat that this year. Can someone bring me some turkey?
- Speaking of mac and cheese, make this recipe with turkey drippings and extra turkey instead of chicken! You'll save some time by not roasting the chicken, and the flavor will be epic.
- If you have lots of all the leftovers, I like making kind of an open face sandwich stacked meal. Cut some stuffing into thick slices and toast or grill it in a pan on both sides. That's the base. Then layer turkey, gravy, veg, and top with cranberries. Yum.
- Why not some soup? My mom makes turkey rice soup (two leftover groups!) every year and I love it. This is my version. It's cozy and yummy. Bonus points if you saved your turkey carcass - make turkey stock for the soup.
- CRANBERRIES! You know how people like cherries with chocolate? Why wouldn't that work with berries? Make brownies. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and berries. OMG YES PLEASE.
- I like leftover mashed potatoes just....as they are...but you could totes make mashed potato cakes if you have a desire for crispy potatoes! There's precious little wrong with that now, is there?
What other leftover things could we make? I never want leftover week to end.
Leave a Reply