2 more days!
We are celebrating Thanksgiving on Thursday AND Friday, then Jay's birthday is on Saturday, and at some point we are decorating our house for Christmas, which is my most favorite thing to do all year. I love it so much. I'm taking the rest of the week off from the blog, but wanted to leave you with a few more ideas for your holiday meals. These are some of my favorites for the whole season, so don't just stash them away this week!
- Are you a bread family? We don't do bread or rolls at holidays, but if we did I'd demand quick + buttery biscuits.
- The oyster stuffing is fabulous,
- and this slow cooker stuffing, while ugly (is there a pretty stuffing), is out of this world with flavor.
- Healthy green bean casserole is a fan fav in our house, especially with the super flavorful shiitake mushrooms thrown in.
- Other green beans! Spicy pickled peppers and cream, YES PLEASE.
- My mom's fluffy, healthy pumpkin chiffon pie.
- Apple pie! Easy and classic.
- Cheez-It mac (without the chicken) makes an appearance at every single family gathering we have these days....
- Unless we change it up with blue cheese mac...
- ...or squash casserole mac and cheese because vegetables!
- If you need an actual vegetable, these baked tomatoes are easy and so delicious.
- I'm making these braised brussels to take to my mother-in-law's this week! They are topped with bacon so duh.
Happy Thanksgiving, enjoy the rest of your week, eat all the food, and celebrate! We've earned it.