ONE WEEK TO GO UNTIL THE FOODIEST FOODIE HOLIDAY OF THE YEAR!
Or, like, the day to celebrate how thankful we are for the life we live and the people we have in it.
Also until Jay's birthday.
One week to go until all of that.
So we need to keep planning our food. Last week's list was pretty good, but here are some of my other fav ideas for the big meal next week!
- The easiest appetizer? Pepper jelly with cream cheese. A total throwback and super simple, but gets gobbled up every time.
- This lemon dill cheese ball is a great app too, and you can make it a few days in advance and keep it in the fridge until you need it.
- Do you guys do salad at your Thanksgivings? We never do. I think it's because when we were little we ate salad at every single meal and so it was a "treat" to not have it on big meals? I really don't know. My parents eat tons of salad and I've never really asked why we don't have it on holidays. But if you DO, then this Brussels Caesar is delicious and hardy and healthy but also #cheese.
- If you just want to do a green salad, creamy balsamic or lemon tahini dressing are great to have around. Easy to make and super delicious.
- Cranberry sauce! Here's my version. True life, I just typed crayberry. So cray, those berries.
- Crock pot stuffing. This is great because it gets SOMETHING away from the stove and the oven, which is always a battle in our house.
- For another wowzersmctavish (just say it, it works) mac and cheese, roasted garlic bleu mac is hugely delicious.
- If we haaaave to eat veggies, eggplant and carrots with sage are delicious.
Ok, what else are we missing? WHAT ELSE? Meal planning is probably one of my most favorite things in the world.