This is so gross.
But! A favorite on Pinterest and on this site, year after year. The pictures are strangely blue, the ingredients are simple and not particularly fancy or healthy, and yet. A quesadilla with pizza sauce and pepperoni, and you're all YES THAT SOUNDS NORMAL.
We just love pepperoni pizza, don't we? I do. Whenever I eat pizza I always want to try the cool weird toppings and I almost always insist on some of the meal involving cheese, red sauce, and pepperoni if I'm not surrounded by vegetarians. I love the classic more plain pizza combos as much as the weird ones, and I reach for those first if I can only choose one.
This isn't pizza, obviously, but it's easy, delicious, ready in minutes, and in your heart of hearts you know it's not as gross as your grown up self is telling you it is.
Here's the original post, and the recipe is below just in case you can't figure this out on your own. But seriously try this.Print
- 2 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella or provolone cheese
- 1 ounce sliced pepperoni (enough to make 1 layer over 1 tortilla)
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons tomato or pizza sauce
- Preheat the broiler to high. In an oven proof large skillet, add the pepperoni over medium heat for 5 minutes to slightly cook. Remove the pepperoni to paper towels to drain while you build the quesadilla.
- In the same skillet, add one tortilla, half the shredded cheese, and the second tortilla. Cook for 3-5 minutes until the cheese begins to melt, then flip. Turn the heat off the stove.
- Top the quesadilla with the tomato sauce, remaining shredded cheese, pepperoni, and the parmesan. Broil for 3-5 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and pepperoni is crisp. Let rest for 2 minutes, then slide out of the skillet and cut into wedges. Enjoy!
- To make several pizzadillas at a time, simply layer the tortillas, cheese, sauce, and pepperoni on a baking sheet. Bake as many as you'd like at 375F for 15 - 20 minutes until cheese is melted and pepperoni is crispy.
- Using large tortillas, this will serve 2 for a meal or 4 as an appetizer.
- Switch it up! Using different cheeses, toppings, and sauce can make this different a thousand ways.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes