Super yummy baby potatoes with just a few ingredients and no chopping! Add any fresh herbs you like for flavor and enjoy this no-fuss 30 minute gluten free side dish. YES.
- 1 pound tiny potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped herbs
- In a small pot with a tight fitting lid, add the oil and potatoes over medium-high heat. Toss the potatoes in the oil.
- Add the stock and salt to the pot. Put the lid back on the pot and turn the heat down to medium low. Simmer the potatoes for 20-25 minutes until tender, shaking the pot (carefully!) every 10 minutes or so until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Remove the lid from the potatoes and let them continue to simmer until all the stock has evaporated, still shaking the pan or stirring every few minutes. Allow the potatoes to get slightly crispy in some places while this is happening.
- Add the butter and herbs to the pot. Stir to combine and serve as desired. Enjoy!
Use any fresh herbs you like here! I like rosemary and parsley, or a combo of both.
To make vegetarian, sub veggie stock for chicken stock.
To make vegan, use vegan butter or more olive oil.
Gluten free as written.
These work best with tiny potatoes, not larger ones cut into pieces. Having no cut surface area on the potatoes yields a better crackly skin.
Keywords: Steamed baby potatoes, how to cook baby potatoes on the stove, baby potatoes, baby yellow potatoes, baby potatoes recipe