Easy, delicious, and satisfying. Tons of green veg paired with zippy lemon and parm for the most delicious spring salad.
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut to 2-inch pieces
- ½ cup fresh peas
- 1 small head bok choy, thinly sliced
- 1 scallion, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh mint, leaves torn
- ¼ cup shaved or thinly sliced parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ lemon (the same lemon you zested!)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring 3 inches of water to a simmer in a wide skillet. Add the asparagus and peas and cook for one minute, then drain into a colander. Let cool slightly.
- In a wide shallow bowl, make a bed with the bok choy.
- Top with the asparagus, peas, scallions, mint, and lemon zest.
- Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the salad with the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Top with the parmesan shavings. Enjoy!
Make Ahead: All the ingredients for this salad can be prepped ahead of time. I like to add the lemon juice, salt, and pepper at the last minute so the salad doesn't get soggy.
Feel free to sub the bok choy for any greens you like! Spinach, arugula, and kale all are great with this method.
Keywords: Spring salad, spring salad recipe, salads with asparagus, asparagus salad recipe, spring salad with asparagus, salad with asparagus recipe