- 2 filets salmon, about 7 ounces each
- 6 cups salad greens or torn lettuces
- 2 tablespoons slivered toasted almonds
- olive oil, for cooking and drizzling
- 1 small bunch asparagus spears, cut in half if very long
- olives for garnish, optional
- 1 lemon, zested and cut in half
- 1 orange, zested and cut in half
- 2 spring onions, halved lengthwise or 4 scallions
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the broiler to high and turn 2 skillets to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Sprinkle the salmon with salt and pepper. Add the salmon skin-side down (if your salmon has skin) to the cold skillet, and let gently cook on just the skin side for about 7 minutes until the skin is crispy and the flesh has started to cook on the bottom side of the salmon. Transfer the broiler until just barely browned on top, about 2 minutes, and the inside of the salmon is still slightly rare. Let cool while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Slice half of the lemon and orange, and leave the other half of each fruit whole.
- Meanwhile, in the second skillet, add the onions and sprinkle with salt. Sear on both sides for about 90 seconds until the onions are charred, then remove to a plate. Repeat with the asparagus, and let that rest. To the same skillet, add the citrus halves and slices. Sear on both sides of the slices and just one side of the halves until browned, then remove to a plate and turn the skillet off.
- To assemble the salads, arrange the greens, asparagus tips, onions, olives, and almonds on a plate. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and squeeze the orange and lemon halves over the salad. Sprinkle with salt and pepper if you'd like.
- Add a piece of salmon to the top of each salad, and sprinkle some lemon and orange zest over the salmon. Garnish with the grilled orange and lemon slices.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Serving Size: 2