- 8 thin slices sourdough bread
- softened butter
- 4 ounces frozen or jarred artichokes (not marinated), drained
- salt and pepper
- 5 ounces fresh spinach
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 8 thin slices provolone cheese
- Preheat a large skillet to medium-high heat with a pat of butter. When the skillet is very hot, add the artichokes in one layer with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Let the artichokes char for about 3 minutes, then flip them and cook for two minutes more until browned. Remove to a plate and reduce the heat on the skillet to medium-low.
- Add another pat of butter to the skillet, then add the spinach, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Use tongs to toss the spinach for about 2 minutes until wilted. Remove from the skillet to rest.
- In the same skillet, add another pat of butter and place 2-4 bread slices into the skillet (you may need to make the grilled cheeses in two batches). Top each slice of bread with a slice of cheese and a thin layer of spinach and artichokes, using the ingredients evenly between the sandwiches. Top the veggies with another piece of cheese and a piece of bread to finish building the sandwiches. Use a spatula to press the sandwiches together.
- Cook the grilled cheeses for about 4 minutes on each side until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted. If needed, add another bit of butter to the skillet when you flip the sandwiches.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes