- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups trimmed green beans or haricots vert
- 1 cup vegetable stock, plus more if needed
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 4 pickled hot cherry peppers, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- salt, to taste
- Preheat a large skillet to medium-high heat with the olive oil. Add the green beans and let cook for about 5 minutes, tossing twice, to sear the outside of the beans. Add the stock, garlic, peppers, and smoked paprika to the skillet. Toss the beans with the other ingredients, and let cook for 5-7 minutes more until the stock is nearly reduced and the beans are tender.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the cream. Toss the beans with the sauce. Add more stock to thin the sauce if the skillet seems dry. Taste a green bean, and add as much salt as you'd like.
- Serve immediately, or reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave later.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Serving Size: 4