Sour Cream Guacamole is a delicious, tangy twist on classic guacamole with tons of flavor in just a few minutes. Add it to your next potluck spread!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 lime, juiced (about 2 tablespoons lime juice)
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more if needed
- cilantro leaves for topping and chips for dipping
- Dice the avocados (I do this with the avocado still in the peel after halving and carefully removing the pit). In a bowl, combine the avocado, sour cream, lime juice, onion, garlic, and salt. Mash with a fork to achieve a fairly smooth consistency. I like to leave some larger pieces of avocado for texture.
- Gently fold in the tomatoes. Taste, and add as much salt as you'd like to the dish - remember that avocados generally need a good amount of salt to balance the tart of the sour cream and lime. I generally use close to 1 teaspoon total of kosher salt, depending on the size of the avocados.
- Serve with chips immediately. Enjoy!
- I use a microplane to grate the garlic and onion to catch all the juice in the dip. If you don't have a little grater just finely chop/mince the onion and garlic together.
- If you'd like to prep this, just prep everything but the avocado in a bowl, then mash and stir in the avocado and tomato at the last minute to prevent it from turning brown.
- OPTIONAL: I have made this with 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin before, and love this variation. Add a sprinkle of cumin if you'd like a deeper smoky flavor, or leave it out for a brighter fresh flavor.
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Guacamole recipe with sour cream, Guacamole recipe sour cream, Sour Cream Guacamole,