- 1/2 pound shredded cooked chicken, about 1.5 cups (see above for how to poach it yourself)
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1 small onion or 1/2 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- crushed red pepper and salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 1 13 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 pound penne pasta, cooked to package directions
- parmesan cheese, for serving
- Bring a large pot to medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Add the carrot and a sprinkle of salt. Cook for 2 minutes, then add the onion.
- Stir the veggies together. When the onion has slightly softened, after about 3 minutes, add the garlic, smoked paprika, and crushed red pepper to your taste.
- Stir together for 1 minute, then add the wine. Allow the wine to reduce by half, the add the tomato products.
- Stir the sauce and taste - add more salt or crushed red pepper to your taste. Stir in the chicken and allow to simmer for 30 minutes or so, if you'd like.
- Before serving, stir the cooked pasta in to the sauce. Serve topped with parmesan cheese.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Serving Size: 4